As alternative career and job search specialists, the short version of what we do is to help lawyers and executives find new positions, either in the law or in business, academics, or the non-profit sector. Our Career Services Group does resume writing and distribution, executive and attorney career change consulting and job search mentoring. Our Corporate Services Group does law firm practice development and business coaching, recruiting and outplacement.
Established in 1992, we have helped several thousand lawyers, executives and entrepreneurs find rewarding new positions or improve their businesses. While many of our clients have pursued alternative legal careers, many others have used our help to move up in their current career tracks, to start new businesses or to enhance their current business operations by better marketing or time management.
Our clients are successful, intelligent, experienced attorneys and executives who are smart enough to know what they don’t know. Why waste time re-inventing the wheel, or worse, spinning your wheels, when expert guidance is just a phone call away?
Our staff includes Ph.Ds, MBAs, business owners, recruiters and JDs with both in-house and big law experience. Nearly all of us have had more than 25 years of experience in law or business, and all of us are highly qualified, caring professionals dedicated to helping our clients through career transitions.
Whether working with individual job seekers or with firms, we design customized programs for their specific needs. We simply do not believe in a “one-size-fits-all, off-the shelf” approach. You are unique. Your situation is unique. Your program will be unique.
For the individual job seeker, our services include:
- Identification of viable career options and alternative careers based on objective analysis of skills and experience
- Preparation of powerful resumes and personal marketing materials
- Creation of highly individualized marketing action plans
- Lead generation and job identification through our Contacts and Connections service
- Coaching and guidance on campaign strategies and interviewing techniques
- Distribution of resumes to targeted companies and recruiters through our massive contact database
For law firm and corporate clients, our services include:
- Recruiting of attorneys, support staff and executives through our relationship with select recruiters
- Outplacement programs for single professionals or groups of displaced employees
- Practice development and business enhancement consulting to law firms
- Executive coaching for entrepreneurs and corporate managers
Credentials and Coverage:
We offer a rare combination of marketing experience, in-depth knowledge of job search methods, and specific expertise in the special requirements of attorneys and senior executives.
In short, we know what we are doing. Our acumen enables our clients to take control over their careers, identify their options, and then obtain the positions of their choice effectively and efficiently.
As recognized authorities on job search issues, we have been interviewed by news organizations including The New Jersey Lawyer, New Jersey Law Journal, Connecticut Law Tribune, News 12, Westchester Business Journal, the Newark Star-Ledger, the New York Post and others.
We have also lectured on job search and career direction issues for legal and business groups in the Northeast, including the New York State Bar Association, the Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the New Jersey Bar Association, the Association of Corporate Counsel and many others. Founder Bruce Blackwell is also one of a handful of professionals to be in the career counseling program for the New York City Bar Association.